Agenda: Impact Fellowships Summit
Agenda for IFS 2021: Daily Schedule, November 16–18, 2021 (all times EST)
W – Whole Fellow Approach
B – Beyond the Fellowship
I – Impacting at All Levels
M – For Me
U – For Us
T – For Them
9:15 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
Plenary Sessions I
- Early Bird Networking
- Welcome and Keynote (B U)
- Social Network Analysis Mapping, IREX (M)
- Community Building: Reciprocity Ring, Give and Take (M/U)
- Grounding and Centering Session, Rockwood Leadership Institute (M)
1:30 p.m.– 2:30 p.m.
Speed Networking (M)
2:30 p.m.– 3:15 p.m.
- Methodologies Worth a Thousand Words: Participatory Photography for Evaluation and Engagement, Institute for International Education (I U)
- Where to start? Implementing a DEI plan, Global Good Fund (I U)
- The Playbook: How leaders and followers can score big by using diversity inclusion as a superpower to positively impact followership, Deatra Heisel (W M/U)
- Leadership Learning Circles: A Cost-effective Model for Peer-led Group Coaching, Global Health Corps (B T)
- Supporting the Wellness of Frontline Workers in the Nonprofit Sector, Longbrake Family Foundation (W M)
Finding your Fellows: Inclusive Recruitment and Selection Practice (W U)
3:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
Plenary Sessions II
- Strengthening Fellowship Connections in a Virtual Space, IREX (B T)
- Day 1 Wrap-up and Feedback Session (U)
9:15 a.m.– 10:20 a.m.
- Early Bird Yoga (M)
- Day 2 Welcome (U)
- Leadership Lightening Talk (U/T)
10:25 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
Breakout Sessions I
- Ethical Engagement During Virtual Fellowships, Nishtha Yadav (W T)
- Ubuntu: Human Connection Within and Beyond Community, Dumisani Magadlela, SADB (B T)
- Participatory Approaches to Building Responsive and Sustainable Networks, Salzburg Global Seminar (B T)
- Design Approaches for Impactful Pathfinder Programs, SURU (I U)
- Eradicating Inequities for Fairer, Healthier, and More Inclusive Societies, Atlantic Fellows (I T)
11:50 a.m.– 12:30 p.m.
Topical Networking (M/U)
12:30 p.m.– 1:15 p.m.
Breakout Sessions II
- Diversifying the Next Generation of Leaders: Best Practices from Forward-Thinking Fellowship Programs, Mobility International USA (W U)
- Is Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Social Enterprise at the Beginning Stages a luxury? Global Good Fund (I T)
- The Value of Connection, Batool Hassan, Acumen; Elikem Tomety Archer, Chief Program Officer, Global Citizen Year; Ruth Achillah, Director of Fellowships, Global Health Corps; and Britt Yamamoto, CEO and Co-Founder of Perennial (I T)
2:00 p.m.– 3:00 p.m.
Breakout Sessions III
- Simulation Approach to Navigating Complex Issues of Power and Privilege, SURU (W T)
- Evaluating Program Impact: Using Simple Theory-Based Models to Identify Your Program’s Short & Long-term Impact, ProFellow (I U)
- Alumni in the Time of COVID and Beyond, IREX and Global Health Corps(B T)
- Fellowship Collaboration: Building a Trust-Based Ecosystem, Summit Impact and Acumen (B U/T)
3:15 p.m.– 4:00 p.m.
Breakout Sessions IV
- Social Network Analysis Methods for Network Building and Impact, IREX (I T)
- Intersectionality as a Bridge: Supporting Fellows with Close Ties to the Communities They Serve, Mending Tree Coaching and Consulting (W T)
- Leaders as Learners: Using the Enneagram for Leadership, William & Flora Hewlett Foundation (B U)
4:00 p.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Day 2 Wrap-Up and Feedback Session (U)
9:15 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
Early Bird Networking (M)
10:00 a.m.–10:10 a.m.
Day 3 Welcome (M/U)
10:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Learning Lab and Research Corner (U/T)
12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
Challenge Lab Networking (M/U)
2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Panel: Finding Balance and Achieving Personal Wellness amidst Uncertainty (W M)
- Closing: Reflection and Feedback (M/U)