Highlights from the past seven years of Bibliomist:
- Bibliomist empowered more than 4,000 librarians with 21st-century skills to help them serve the needs of their communities.
- The program modernized 1,930 libraries, equipping them with technology and free public access to the internet.
- Bibliomist libraries hosted nearly half a million unique patrons annually and 60 million total visits.
- Bibliomist supported partnerships between local governments, libraries, and NGOs for community development and for new services to promote access to information. The project has provided training on e-governance tools to more than 430 government officials, 2,000 citizens, and 1,800 librarians.
- The program generated an estimated $1 million in income tax revenue for the Government of Ukraine from more than 4,000 successful job seekers at libraries.
- Bibliomist libraries became agile partners that helped meet rapidly evolving community needs. For example, 8,095 librarians received special training to provide services for internally displaced persons (IDPs). The librarians consulted with more than 7,000 IDPs, helping them access valuable information on how to participate in new election processes.