The Fellowship Alumni Network Study (FANS) is a collaborative research initiative supported by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation that aims to learn about the positive social impact of fellowship program alumni at all levels of society.
This initiative provides a space for organizations to share and better understand the changes alumni make in their work, activities that contribute to those changes, and the role that networks play in the process. In doing so, FANS hopes to inform continued learning on how fellowship programs can support their alumni to drive positive social change. FANS seeks organizations that implement impact fellowships and have existing and active alumni networks to participate in the research study. Benefits from participating in FANS include the following:
- Data: Access to data from research that can be used to inform alumni programming.
- Network: Relationship building with members, which include fellowship implementers and donors.
- Learning: Collaborative learning to strengthen fellowship alumni engagement activities.
- Community: Discounted tickets to next Impact Fellowships Summit or a future Summit.
- Collaboration: Consortium research partners will meet approximately once a month from January through October 2022 to coordinate efforts, align goals, and collaboratively conduct research.
- Recognition: Consortium research partners will be recognized as research collaborators on all materials related to the initiative, including reports and other learning documents. They will be called on to present the research at conferences and contribute to thought leadership.