Applying for jobs and internships at IREX: Frequently asked questions
- About IREX
- Finding opportunities
- Status of applications
- Start date, salary, and benefits
- What does the acronym “IREX” stand for?
International Research & Exchanges Board. Learn more about IREX.
- What is your policy on equal employment opportunity?
IREX is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other nonmerit factors.
- How can I find out about current IREX employment opportunities?
We list all career opportunities on the IREX Job Board. Our process is open, fair, and transparent. Internal and external candidates receive equal consideration.
- Does IREX offer summer internships?
Yes. We partner with some colleges to offer summer internships. We also offer many other internship opportunities throughout the year. We encourage interested candidates to apply.
- Are IREX’s internships paid or unpaid?
All IREX internship opportunities posted on our website are paid.
- How can I apply for an internship at IREX?
You can apply for internships through the IREX Job Board. Our internships last up to six months.
- How should I apply for a position at IREX?
You must submit an online application for each position you wish to apply for. Please visit the job posting and select “Apply” to begin your application. IREX does not accept fax, e-mail, or in-person applications.
- I am interested in two jobs posted on your website. Can I submit one application for multiple positions?
No, you should submit a separate online application for each position. The recruiting team and hiring manager carefully consider each application for their respective positions.
- How long does a job remain posted?
We post each job opportunity on our website until the position has been filled or closed.
- I am not a U.S. national, and I don’t have a U.S. work permit. Can I apply for U.S.-based positions with IREX?
We only accept and consider applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the United States without restrictions, unless explicitly stated otherwise in the job posting.
- How can I request an accommodation?
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we offer accommodations for people with disabilities. If you would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with IREX, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Status of applications
- Will Human Resources acknowledge that they’ve received my application?
After you submit an online application, you should receive an automated e-mail acknowledging receipt.
- How soon should I expect to be contacted about the status of my application or invited for an interview?
We appreciate the high volume of applications and inquiries that our career opportunities attract. We are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interviews. The recruiter contacts the top candidates for a telephone screen. If we select your application, you should expect to hear from us within four weeks of applying.
- How will I know if a position I applied for has been filled?
If you are not selected for a position, you will receive an e-mail stating that the position has been filled or closed.
- If I am not selected for a position, will my application for that position be considered for future job opportunities?
Our recruiters carefully consider each application for the specific position for which that application has been submitted. Please submit an application for each individual posted opportunity for which you are qualified.
- Should I contact Human Resources to check on the status of my application?
We appreciate the high volume of applications and inquiries that our career opportunities attract. We are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interviews. We will notify all applicants once a vacant position has been filled. At that time, we will also remove the job posting from our website.
Start date, salary, and benefits
- What is the start date?
IREX’s start dates are typically on or around the first and sixteenth day of each month unless otherwise stated. Each position will remain on our website until the position is filled or closed.
- What is the salary?
We ensure that our compensation is externally competitive and internally equitable. We will give due consideration to each applicant’s total compensation requirements.
- What benefits do you offer?
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for our regular full-time and part-time positions. Our benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, leave, professional development opportunities, learning and development, and much more.
For any additional questions, please contact email@example.com.