We supported 500 institutions last year.
93% of local leaders reported creating positive change after participating in the United Community program.
- Reducing corruption: Returning stolen assets to communities and strengthening local organizations.
- Stopping disinformation: Empowering people to recognize disinformation.
- Building social trust: Promoting dialogue to uncover solutions for shared challenges.
Articles & Op-Eds
- "Coronavirus and Ebola: Hard Lessons, Prudently Applied" (Jill Miller)
- “Rethinking the Ebola Response: How Liberians Helped Themselves” (Colby Pacheco)
- “Who Is Really Putting Nepal Back Together?” (Kristin M. Lord)
Francesca Ciriaci-SawalhaCountry Director for Middle East and Northern Africa
Mehri DruckmanChief of Party/Country Director for Ukraine
Dara LiptonDeputy Director, Communities and Governance Practice; Project Director, Comunitatea Mea
Sheila ScottSenior Technical Advisor II - Center for Applied Learning and Impact