Join the Selection Committee for the Community Solutions Program
IREX seeks experienced professionals to read and evaluate applications for the 2024 Community Solutions Program.
The Community Solutions Program (CSP) is a professional leadership development program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government for experienced community leaders around the world age 26 - 39 working in democracy and human rights, environmental issues, gender equality, and peace and conflict resolution. For 2024, community leaders will be selected to participate in the program, which includes:
- Fellowship in the United States: Fellows are matched to host organizations throughout the U.S. where they complete a four-month, hands-on professional experience.
- Community Leadership Institute: Fellows participate in the Community Leadership Institute, a leadership training program designed to strengthen their leadership and management skills. The Institute includes virtual live discussions, online courses, professional coaching, and networking.
- Community Action Project: To conclude the program, fellows carry out a community development initiative or project in their home community. While in the U.S., fellows design and plan this project with the support of their host organization and the Community Leadership Institute facilitators. Once the fellows depart the U.S., they put these projects into action.
Expectations of Readers
Application readers will be responsible for evaluating applications and assessing each applicant’s ability to participate and succeed in the Community Solutions Program. IREX will provide readers with several resources to guide them through the evaluation process.
Between November 10 and 26, 2023, readers will review up to 30 applications, each of which should take no more than 15 minutes to evaluate. The Reading Committee will help IREX identify semifinalists and in appreciation of their time and energy, readers will receive a certificate of participation once they have completed all assigned applications.
Timeline of the Reading Committee application and review process
- October 22, 2023: Selection Committee application due
- October 25, 2023: Applicants are notified if they have been selected to join the Reading Committee
- November 1, 2023: Reading Committee members confirmation and signed T&C due
- November 3, 2023: Reading Committee members receive Reading Committee resources and access to virtual Onboarding (Canvas)
- November 10, 2023: Reading Committee members receive applications and begin reviewing applications
- November 10 – 26, 2023: Reading Committee review period
- November 26, 2023: Deadline for reviewing CSP fellow applications
Select members will be invited to participate in the Interview Committee. Members of the Interview Committee are only eligible for participation if they also participated in this year’s Reading Committee and successfully submitted all scores by the deadline. These members will be responsible for reviewing and scoring 15-20 pre-recorded interviews. If you express interest in participating on the Interview Committee, we will invite you to join the committee by December 5, 2023.
- December 5, 2023: Applicants are notified if they have been invited to join the Interview Committee
- December 15, 2023 - January 7, 2024: Interview Committee review period
- January 7, 2024: Deadline for reviewing CSP fellow interviews
Read the Selection Committee Terms and Conditions.
Ideal readers are professionals with expertise in one or more of the program’s thematic areas, which include environmental issues, peace and conflict resolution, democracy and human rights, and women and gender issues.
If you are interested in participating as a reader, please complete the application form. Prior to completing your application, please review the Selection Committee Terms and Agreement. We will confirm with you by October 25, 2023, whether you have been selected as a reader.
How to apply