Information about joining the application reading committee for the Community Solutions Program
IREX seeks experienced professionals to read and evaluate applications for the 2020 Community Solutions Program.
The Community Solutions Program (CSP) is a year-long professional development program for people who are working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to the Environment, Tolerance and Conflict Resolution, Transparency and Accountability, and Women and Gender. For 2020-2021, up to 80 community activists will be selected to participate in the program, which includes:
- Fellowship in the United States: Fellows are matched to host organizations throughout the US where they complete a four-month, hands-on professional experience.
- Community Leadership Institute: Fellows participate in the Community Leadership Institute, a leadership training program designed to strengthen their leadership and management skills. The Institute includes virtual live discussions, online courses, professional coaching, and networking.
- Community Action Project: To conclude the program, fellows carry out a community development initiative or project in their home community. While in the U.S., fellows design and plan this project with the support of their host organization and the Community Leadership Institute facilitators. Once the fellows depart the U.S., they put these projects into action.
Expectations of Readers
Application readers will be responsible for evaluating applications and assessing each applicant’s ability to participate and succeed in the Community Solutions Program. IREX will provide readers with several resources to guide them through the evaluation process.
Between November 6 and 21, 2019, readers will review up to 30 applications, each of which should take no more than 15 minutes to evaluate. The Reading Committee will help IREX identify 320 semifinalists who will then complete an online interview in December 2019. In appreciation of their time and energy, readers will receive an honorarium of $100 once they have completed all of their assigned applications.
Timeline of the Reading Committee application and review process:
- October 20, 2019: Reading Committee applications are due
- October 24, 2019: Reading Committee applicants are notified if they have been selected to participate
- November 6–21, 2019: CSP fellow application reading period
- November 21, 2019: Deadline for reviewing CSP fellow applications
Ideal readers are professionals with expertise in one or more of the program’s thematic areas, which include Environmental Issues, Tolerance and Conflict Resolution, Transparency and Accountability, and Women and Gender Issues.
If you are interested in participating as a reader, please complete the application form by Sunday, October 20, 2019. Prior to completing your application, please review the Selection Committee Terms and Agreement. We will confirm with you by October 24, 2019, whether you have been selected as a reader.