Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program application information
We are now accepting applications for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program's 2020-2021 Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD). The deadline to apply is Monday, November 18, 2019, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time.
Please read the application materials carefully before beginning the application.
Online Application Materials
- Application instructions (PDF, 236 KB)
- Eligibility chart (PDF, 651 KB)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF, 220 KB)
- Eligible Institutions (PDF, 469 KB)
- How to apply (PDF, 527 KB)
- Academic integrity guide (PDF, 371 KB)
- Apply online
The application must be completed online. Applicants must fill out all required sections of the application and provide contact information for two references. Reference 1 and Reference 2 must be completed by two different individuals who can speak to your suitability as a potential scholarship recipient.
Complete copies of all application materials must be received together in one package as per the application instructions by Monday, November 18, 2019, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time. Only complete applications, which include a complete application form with two complete reference forms, will be forwarded to the selection committee.
To learn more about the program and share program information with interested applicants, please read the following:
- Press release (English, Arabic, and French) (PDF, 495 KB)
- Letter to parents (English and Arabic) (PDF, 241 KB)
- Informational flyer (English and Arabic) (PDF, 216 KB)
- Program handout (English and Arabic) (PDF, 1957 KB)
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by US law.
Competition for the Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of Tunisia;
- Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
- Architecture students are eligible in their first-, second-, third-, or fourth-year of study. Engineering students are eligible in their first-, or second-year (preparatory classes), and third- and fourth-year of undergraduate study.
- If you study at an ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie), ISET, or IHET, please see the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program application;
- Is currently residing in Tunisia;
- Has a demonstrated record of academic excellence;
- Is able to receive a US J-1 visa;
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2020;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program; and
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT)
If you have questions about the Tunisia UGRAD application, please e-mail email@example.com.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by IREX.