RFP for developing a government web platform and e-registry for veterans in Ukraine
The U.S. Department of State–funded Veteran Reintegration Program is seeking a qualified vendor or vendors to build an e-veteran web platform and an e-veteran registry to support the Ministry of Veteran Affairs in Ukraine.
The goal is to create a single point of access to the services, benefits, and opportunities available to veterans in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian veterans and their families need to know what government services are available to them and how they can access those services.
- The Ukrainian Ministry of Veteran Affairs needs to bring together records about veterans onto a single platform so the ministry can optimize and improve its service delivery to veterans.
Who is eligible to apply
The contractor must:
- Have an office in Ukraine and have the ability to attend in-person and virtual meetings in Kyiv
- Be a well-established business/for profit/nonprofit with well-documented corporate capabilities in web-based application development for internet connected devices and have a proven track record of success in order to be considered to be a qualified bidder for this RFP
The list below is a desired list of skills and qualifications for the team as a whole; different people in the team can bring different skills and qualifications.
- Over 5 years of experience developing professional-quality software, including customer-facing web apps, with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborating working relationships with counterparts, other contractors and international organizations and donors
- Proficiency with security standards and best practices to ensure the web server, and the data submitted by its users, are safely, responsibly, and securely managed
- Familiarity with existing open-source frameworks
- Experience packaging and publishing open-source code, including high quality documentation
- Familiarity with user-centered design methodologies to engage with stakeholders around a technology platform to ensure relevance and sustainability
- Sufficient administrative capacity to comply with reporting, auditing, and financial requirements
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English, as well as fluency in speaking, reading, writing, and working in Ukrainian
- Strong interpersonal, communication, curiosity, and critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of legal requirements for the development and transfer of product to the government in Ukraine
- Previous experience in the development of e-services and/or state registries for governmental institutions strongly preferred
How to apply
Download the RFP (PDF, 1 MB)
Download questions and answers about the RFP (PDF, 586 KB)
Submit your application by 18:00 (Kyiv time), Tuesday, July 7, 2020, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Knowledge Base and Registry Application.” You must use subject line “Knowledge Base and Registry Application” to be considered.