Opportunity for young researchers: Lead an intersectional rapid gender analysis in Guatemala
Lee esta página en español (PDF, 233 KB)
The Youth Excel program seeks young researchers to colead an intersectional rapid gender analysis.
Through the analysis, Youth Excel will study inequities and barriers at the community level. Youth Excel will use the findings to adapt the program to local contexts and needs and identify transformational or innovative approaches. A team of youth researchers will help to ensure that the analysis uses a youth-focused approach.
Youth Excel will conduct the analysis for six weeks. Youth researchers will be required to attend virtual workshops, meetings, and activities; colead the research with support from Youth Excel staff; codevelop research questions; do desk research; analyze data; generate conclusions and recommendations; and share the findings with Youth Excel and network members.
How to apply
Send your CV (or résumé) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 2, 2021.
Your cover letter should briefly explain why you would like to be involved in the project.
Who is eligible to apply
- Youth (18–29 years old) who have previous research experience.
- Applicants must have completed at least three years of college with a concentration in a social or political science field (political science, sociology, gender studies, psychology, or similar). It is not necessary to currently be a student.
- Strong knowledge of the context and issues.
- Analytical and critical-thinking skills.
- Time management skills to meet project deadlines and accomplish the desired goals.
- Desire to continue strengthening social development within the community and the country.
- Attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records of the work.
- Experience with writing reports.
- Part of a youth-led or youth-serving organization.
- Knowledge of an indigenous language.
Youth from marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Youth Excel will give a one-time monetary award (stipend) of USD 800.00 or equivalent in Guatemalan local currency upon completion of the given tasks.
Brenda Xum, regional program officer: email@example.com