Opportunity for MEPI alumni: MEPI Day of Service
The MEPI Day of Service encourages MEPI Alumni to plan and participate in community service activities in their home communities. It is a movement by the MEPI alumni network to encourage building team spirit, connecting with U.S. embassies, and fostering community engagement. The MEPI Day of Service will take place on April 4, 2020 in Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Tunisia and on April 11, 2020 in Algeria. MEPI Alumni are encouraged to apply before March 4, Midnight EST.
The MEPI Day of Service is part of the MEPI Alumni Connection, a program of the US-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and implemented by IREX.
About the MEPI Day of Service
The MEPI Day of Service is a day of volunteering and community engagement; no financial support is provided. To support you in your efforts, the MEPI Alumni Connection is pleased to provide you with a Toolkit to help you plan and implement your service activities and share your efforts and impact on social media via a #MEPIDayofService dedicated hashtag.
Role of the Alumni as changemakers
Alumni from the eligible MEPI Alumni Connection countries of Algeria, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, and Tunisia are encouraged to plan and participate in community service activities in their home communities. Service activities can range from a day spent cleaning up a park, to renovating a school in need. Think creatively about serving your community needs.
MEPI Day of Service Resources
To support your success in this annual activity, the MEPI Alumni Connection team has developed the MEPI Day of Service Toolkit, available in English and Arabic, to support you in:
- Planning and implementing your service activities,
- Share your efforts and impact on social media, using hashtag #MEPIDayofService
- And support you in hosting MEPI Day of Service activities in your communities on the same day in future years.
Begin your planning with the #MEPIDayOfService Toolkit!
With the toolkit, you will also find digital promotional materials. You may download and use or print them at your convenience, including distributing to your teams and volunteers.
To further support you in building team spirit, a limited number of promotional materials are available for alumni to order and have shipped to them. To order materials, please complete the Expression of Interest Form (available in Arabic and English).
The promotional material quantity is limited, and shipping will be processed on first come, first served basis. We will close the application as soon as we receive the number of applications matching the quantity of available promotional material with us. Please submit your requests soon.
MEPI Day of Service Materials
- Alumni Toolkit (Arabic) (PDF, 801 KB)
- Alumni Toolkit (English) (PDF, 463 KB)
- Appendix-Developing an Advertising Plan (Arabic) (PDF, 179 KB)
- Appendix-Developing an Advertising Plan (English) (PDF, 130 KB)
- Appendix - MEPI Day of Service Hashtags and Social Media Platforms (Arabic) (PDF, 523 KB)
- Appendix - MEPI Day of Service Hashtags and Social Media Platforms (English) (PDF, 66 KB)
- Appendix – Sample Risk Assessment (Arabic) (PDF, 166 KB)
- Appendix – Sample Risk Assessment (English) (PDF, 53 KB)
- Impact Sharing Report (Arabic)
- Impact Sharing Report (English)
- Facebook Frame (18 KB)
- Sticker (PDF, 202 KB)
- Bookmark (PDF, 420 KB)
- MEPI Day of Service Webpage (Arabic) (PDF, 462 KB)
Join the Movement and Share your efforts and impact by tagging @USMEPI on social media and using the hashtag #MEPIDayofService.
For further questions and information, please contact us at: email@example.com