Opportunity for MEPI Alumni: Alumni of the Year Award
The MEPI Alumni of the Year Award is an opportunity for MEPI Alumni to be recognized for your leadership skills and dedication to community issues. The Alumni of the Year Award is part of the MEPI Alumni Connection, a program of the U.S.–Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and implemented by IREX. We will be accepting applications until August 24th, 2019 Midnight EST.
The Alumni of the Year Award provides MEPI Alumni with an opportunity to be recognized for your efforts and invaluable work across the MENA region. Nominees will be short-listed after a competitive review against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated involvement with project(s) that served the communities in which the nominee alum lived during the past year (Jan. 2018 – present)
- Demonstrated leadership in their community
- Sustained commitment to their community during the past year (Jan. 2018 – present)
- Demonstrated ambassador of the MEPI value of building partnerships to generate shared solutions to promote stability and prosperity in the region.
- Demonstrated commitment to building networks, team spirit, and/or collaboration with fellow MEPI alumni or other partners.
Thirty short-listed candidates will then be contacted to submit a short video or written statement. They will have two weeks to produce and submit their brief Personal Statement, which will then be shared with all MEPI Alumni for voting. MEPI Alumni will have two weeks to review the personal statements and vote on their top three alumni from the 30 short-listed candidates.
After the close of voting, the top 12 alumni with the highest number of votes will be announced as the Alumni of the Year winners!
Honorees will receive a certificate and be honored in a special communication from MEPI Alumni Connection, online and in in-country events, as possible. In addition, Honorees will receive a six-month Mentorship. Honoree Mentorship applicants must commit to all applicable guidelines for the Mentorship component.
The First, Second, and Third place honorees will have the opportunity to apply for a special Alumni of the Year Award Fund to receive up to $8,000 to implement in their community, as applicable in their country.
MEPI Alumni of the Year Award
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.