MEPI Alumni Venture Fund (AVF) 2021-2022
The MEPI Alumni Venture Fund (AVF) aims to collaboratively utilize the leadership skills that alumni have developed through their various MEPI program experiences in the Middle East and North Africa.
The AVF supports alumni to work together on innovative solutions to economic and/or community needs. The small grants provide seed funding for innovative ideas to develop new partnerships, foster sustainable collaboration in priority areas, and expand the impact of alumni to address needs within their communities.
The AVF is part of the MEPI Alumni Connection, a program of the US-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and implemented by IREX.
Priority themes are not limited to but encouraged:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Climate Change and Environment
- Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI)
The amount of funding available for grants is a minimum of $5000 and a maximum of $10,000 for three different categories:
- Community Service: A community service project is voluntary work for the improvement of one’s community.
- Private Enterprise: A private enterprise project is a small business or entrepreneurial project privately managed by an individual or an external company.
- Social Enterprise: A social enterprise project is a small business or entrepreneurial project that has a goal of contributing to the welfare of others (socially, financially, or environmentally) while also making a profit.
To apply, please carefully read and follow the detailed application materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- MEPI AVF announcement (Arabic)(PDF, 195 KB)
- MEPI AVF application instructions (English)(PDF, 347 KB)
- MEPI AVF application instructions (Arabic) (PDF, 294 KB)
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan Template (English) (Word, 23 KB)
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan Template (Arabic) (Word, 22 KB)
- AVF Budget and Work Plan (Excel, 20 KB)
- AVF Frequently Asked Questions (English) (PDF, 177 KB)
- AVF Frequently Asked Questions (Arabic) (PDF, 143 KB)
- Online Application in English
- Online Application in Arabic