Contest for youth: Design Youth Excel’s logo
Design a logo for the USAID-funded Youth Excel program and win an iPad mini if your logo is selected.
Youth Excel is holding a logo-design contest to select a logo for the program. All young people 18–35 years old are eligible to submit an entry.
The first-place winner will receive a service contract to do further design work with Youth Excel and an iPad mini. The second- and third-place winners will receive an iPad mini.
This competition is administered by IREX and its partner consortium and supported by USAID.
Who is eligible?
- The competition is open to all young people 18–35 years old.
- Individuals and groups may enter the contest.
- Participants may submit a maximum of one entry.
Criteria for the design
- Your logo design should reflect Youth Excel’s vision: Empowering young people and youth organizations to use implementation research to strengthen local, national, and global development solutions.
- The logo file should be high-resolution (over 300 dpi).
- The logo should be designed using colors (not grayscale or black and white).
- Submit the logo file as a PNG image.
- Do not add a watermark or imprint on your logo design.
How to enter the contest
- Review the contest’s creative brief (PDF, 123 KB) and terms of reference (PDF, 176 KB).
- Complete the application form (DOCX, 29 KB).
- Send your design and the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be required to submit your logo design, your contact details, and a written description of the logo’s features and meaning.
Deadline for submissions: February 2, 2021, at midnight EST
Youth Excel will only use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and will not publish your information (except for your full name) or provide it to anyone without your permission.
- Three finalists will be chosen through a youth-led review process based on the design criteria for the contest.
- USAID will approve the decision before we announce the first-place winner.
- The decision of Youth Excel’s management team shall be treated as final and binding for all participants.
- We will announce the winners on IREX’s social media pages. Winners will be notified prior to the announcement.
Late or incomplete entries will not be considered.
- By submitting a design to this competition, you are accepting the contest's terms of reference. You further agree that if your entry is selected as the winning entry, you are assigning your entire right in your design to the Youth Excel project and you will not be entitled to receive any royalties or other consideration, now or in the future, for such assignment other than the contest prize set forth in section 6 of the terms of reference.
- In such case, Youth Excel will own your design and will have the exclusive right to use your design on a worldwide and exclusive basis.
- If you are not selected as the winner, ownership of your design and all intellectual property rights for the design will revert to you.
- Entries must be entirely your own original work and must not breach or be in violation of any copyright or other rights of third parties.
- Youth Excel maintains the right to further develop your design to suit its brand. The design must not include any defamatory, offensive, or unlawful content.
- The winner will be required to submit the drawing or digital file of the logo upon Youth Excel's request in one or more of the following formats: EPS, CDR, SVG, PSD, original drawing.