IREX Photo Contest
Welcome to IREX’s 5th annual Photo Contest! Enter now for a chance to win cash prizes totaling over $1,000. We encourage you to submit your best images of scenes and individuals around the world that demonstrate one or more of four theme categories:
1. Empowering Youth – Photos should demonstrate how youth, as active community leaders and informed citizens, represent opportunity for the future and positive change.
2. Cultivating Leaders – Photos should explore how diverse leaders strive to serve others and drive change at every level of society.
3. Strengthening Institutions – Photos should demonstrate how institutions build just, prosperous societies through community engagement, accountability, and responsive governance.
4. Extending Access to Quality Education and Information – Photos should explore how independent media, quality education, and new technologies increase access to information and contribute to civic engagement in communities.
Entry is free and open to all. Please review the contest rules before submitting.
The 2016 Photo Contest is closed. Winners will be announced on May 9.
There are five prizes total. A panel of international development and photography experts will choose the winners for the Best of Category prizes ($250, four). The People’s Choice prize will be decided by IREX’s fans on Facebook. IREX may also select up to five honorable mention finalists. Winners will be announced on Monday, May 9.
Brief Contest Rules
• Entries are limited to 5 photos per person.
• Entrants may only win one prize.
• All entries must be in digital format and at the highest resolution possible in a .jpeg, .jpg, or .png format. Files submitted may not be larger than 10 megabytes.
• All entrants must hold exclusive rights to the photographs they submit and by entering are claiming such ownership.
• By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to IREX, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries. For more information on liability, please see the complete contest rules.
Email Deborah Ince, Communications Intern at firstname.lastname@example.org