The Gender Agenda: Gaining Global Momentum
Between International Women’s Day on the 8th and March being Women’s History Month, this is a time for IREX to reaffirm our ongoing commitment to gender equality and to examine how we and our partners around the world are advancing “The Gender Agenda.”
We’re excited to announce a host of articles, videos, and blog pieces we’ll be sharing over the month of March that highlight the inspiring women and men who work for us and with us, including:
- • Our interview with Nobel Peace Prize laureate Leymah Gbowee on upcoming challenges facing the global women's movement;
- • A piece on how one of our Community Solutions alumni is doing his part to mainstream gender at the Ugandan Ministry of Defense;
- • Reflections from an American teacher on the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math education for girls;
- • A snapshot survey of our international teacher alumni on their views about gender-based barriers to education;
- • How women in rural Azerbaijan are using technology to connect to the world;
- • An article about how we’re helping community radio stations in Liberia become more gender-sensitive; and
- • A video of IREX staff from around the world with personal statements about how they’re advancing the gender agenda.
Each of these efforts aids in building a collective momentum toward gender equality. We hope you’ll follow along, share your own successes, and join us in this important conversation.