Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD) Host University Application
Applications are available for institutions interested in being considered as a host for the 2014-2015 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD).The university host application and instructions can be downloaded below. Completed applications must be received by 5pm EST on Friday, March 21, 2014, and may be submitted by email (email@example.com), fax (202-628-8189), or by mail to the IREX address at the bottom of this page. Please send the application materials to the Attention of Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia UGRAD is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State providing opportunities for students from Tunisia to take part in a one year cultural exchange at a U.S. host institution.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia UGRAD Program provides the following:
• J-1 visa support
• Round-trip travel from student’s home city to host institution in the United States
• Accident and sickness coverage
• Tuition and mandatory university fees
• Room and board (housing and meals)
• A small incidentals allowance for students
• A limited allowance for books
• A limited allowance for cultural enrichment activities
• Alumni networking opportunities
Host institutions will be selected based on the following:
• Demonstrated ability to provide a well-rounded program experience (with strong Tunisia UGRAD academic and cultural components)
• Qualifications of the proposed campus coordinator and their ability to provide personalized care
• Institution’s experience and ability to work with students from the targeted region
• Institution’s ability to engage students in the local community
• Proposed cost-share and per student cost.
Host institutions will be responsible for providing each student with: academic support, cultural and community support, and logistical support. Responsibilities are explained in more detail in the complete Host Application Instructions.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia UGRAD, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, is supported by the people of the United States and implemented by IREX.